Saturday, July 31, 2010
black and white stripes
The essence of beauty can be found in many interesting places. To remark upon the magnificent creations in our world would evoke a neverending list. I've always been most in awe of natural works of art such as mountains and sunsets, but recently I was able to get a glimpse of an entirely different type of beauty - that of animals. Last week Paul and I went to the African Lion Safari to celebrate his birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed driving through the various sections and coming within inches of some of the most powerful and beautiful animals in the world. Although I was very thrilled when a baboon jumped on our car, my favourite part was seeing... the zebras. It's incredible to see their stripes in such contrast to one another, each animal with a slightly different pattern, and to think that God created them - wow, he sure is an amazing artist! In addition to the zebras, think of all the different patterns amongst wildlife: the spots on the sleek fur of cheetahs or tall and graceful giraffes. It wasn't my first time seeing these animals up close, but it was the first time I really stopped to think about how amazing and beautiful they are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment