Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Winter Beauty in Ontario


Yesterday, while making dinner I turned on the tv to watch the local news. I don't watch tv very often but do enjoy being informed about the world around me. TV is filled with so many disturbing things these days, awful pictures, rude language, and bizarre shows, but yesterday... something on TV inspired me.
If you live in Ontario, and watch tv you've probably seen what I'm talking about a few times - the Ontario commercials! There are six in total, and each one features a different Canadian music artist singing a version of the beautiful song titled "There's No Place like This". They show scenes from around the province, with people doing things that are truly Canadian :) Everytime I see one of the commercials I am just reminded of how fortunate I am to live in this amazing province, and beautiful country. Although I want to travel the world, Canada, and probably Ontario will always be my home. So in this cold season, be reminded of how lucky we actually are. Watch the commercial (http://www.ontariotravel.net/), choose your favourite artist (I like the one by Alex Robinson!), and be inspired to go outside and explore this wonderful province.
On a side note: I can't wait to go skiing!

No comments: