
Well it's been awhile since my last post... this would be for a couple of reasons:
- I finished first semester, and after a few crazy hectic weeks of studying I definitely needed a break from the computer.
- I moved back home for the holidays and was greeted by my not so friendly friend known as "dial-up internet".
- I have been spending time with friends and family....AND...my fiance!!!
My most exciting news is that on December 20, Paul and I got engaged (after dating just over 3 years). It is a very romantic, and wonderful story that so many people have been asking about...so I would love to tell you all about it right now.
On December 20, Paul took me skiing at Horseshoe (one of our favourite past times). After a few awesome hours on the slopes, we decided to head home. He told me that he had a yummy surprise for me back at his family's house. As many of you know, Paul is in a culinary management program training to become a chef, and is a wonderful cook. However, at this point in the evening I had no idea of the surprise that was coming. Paul had managed to get his entire family out of the house for the night as he told them that we were having a date night. [A small side note at this point... while we were back in Waterloo we were talking with each other about what we were looking forward to most about the holidays, and I told Paul that one of my favourite things was to cuddle in this particular rocking chair in front of the fireplace at his family's house (we don't have a fireplace at my house)] So, he took me back to his house, and brought me into the living room which was filled with vases of flowers, candles aglow surrounding the room, and a fire blazing. We cuddled in the rocking chair and then he said that he had one more thing for me in the kitchen. He asked me to close my eyes, and when I opened them he was down on one knee with a silver platter next to him. The silver platter had chocolate dipped strawberries on it, with rose petals around the edge, and each strawberry had a letter to the words "Will you marry me?" on it. There was also two strawberries representing us... one with a little tux, and one with a white dress. He gave me a GORGEOUS ring, said a whole bunch of wonderful and beautiful things, I said yes... and a ton of great things have happened since that night. It was the most perfect night! I never could have dreamed of anything better... and I am THE luckiest girl in the world to be marrying the man of my dreams, my knight in shining armour, and my best friend.
We are both so excited and have started to plan our wedding (August 28, 2009). At times, it still feels like a dream but the words fiance, wedding, and marriage are beginning to sink in.
So as you can see... my holidays have been filled with excitement, and for christmas this year... I received the best christmas present in the whole world.
- I finished first semester, and after a few crazy hectic weeks of studying I definitely needed a break from the computer.
- I moved back home for the holidays and was greeted by my not so friendly friend known as "dial-up internet".
- I have been spending time with friends and family....AND...my fiance!!!
My most exciting news is that on December 20, Paul and I got engaged (after dating just over 3 years). It is a very romantic, and wonderful story that so many people have been asking about...so I would love to tell you all about it right now.
On December 20, Paul took me skiing at Horseshoe (one of our favourite past times). After a few awesome hours on the slopes, we decided to head home. He told me that he had a yummy surprise for me back at his family's house. As many of you know, Paul is in a culinary management program training to become a chef, and is a wonderful cook. However, at this point in the evening I had no idea of the surprise that was coming. Paul had managed to get his entire family out of the house for the night as he told them that we were having a date night. [A small side note at this point... while we were back in Waterloo we were talking with each other about what we were looking forward to most about the holidays, and I told Paul that one of my favourite things was to cuddle in this particular rocking chair in front of the fireplace at his family's house (we don't have a fireplace at my house)] So, he took me back to his house, and brought me into the living room which was filled with vases of flowers, candles aglow surrounding the room, and a fire blazing. We cuddled in the rocking chair and then he said that he had one more thing for me in the kitchen. He asked me to close my eyes, and when I opened them he was down on one knee with a silver platter next to him. The silver platter had chocolate dipped strawberries on it, with rose petals around the edge, and each strawberry had a letter to the words "Will you marry me?" on it. There was also two strawberries representing us... one with a little tux, and one with a white dress. He gave me a GORGEOUS ring, said a whole bunch of wonderful and beautiful things, I said yes... and a ton of great things have happened since that night. It was the most perfect night! I never could have dreamed of anything better... and I am THE luckiest girl in the world to be marrying the man of my dreams, my knight in shining armour, and my best friend.
We are both so excited and have started to plan our wedding (August 28, 2009). At times, it still feels like a dream but the words fiance, wedding, and marriage are beginning to sink in.
So as you can see... my holidays have been filled with excitement, and for christmas this year... I received the best christmas present in the whole world.

1 comment:
Post a Comment