Sunday, January 18, 2009

little pleasures in life

University is rather stressful...a statement any student at this stage in life would probably strongly agree with. Sometimes it is easy to get wrapped up in the stress, to be overwhelmed with the never ending "to do" list. However I think it is important to take time and reflect on the little things in life that never cease to make us smile and realize that there is so much more to life than the many assignments and readings.
Admist my homework this weekend, I noticed myself genuinely happy and delighted about a few things that I thought I would share with you:

- Fresh, soft, and sparkly snowfalls. This year in Waterloo, there has been a record amount of snowfall since 1915! As much as I dislike the minus 25 temperatures, when the white stuff begins to fall from the heavens I can't help but have a little warmth in my heart.
- Chapters. Paul and I spent an evening studying at starbucks the other night (which is connected to one of my favourite stores in the whole world - Chapters). At the end of the night, I gathered a few of my favourite books and flipped through them in a comfy chair. The shelves and shelves of beautiful and mysterious books on every topic imaginable always brings out the dreamer in me.
- Chats with best friends. When I am away at school, I miss my friends from home so much! Everyone has always said, that you make the life long friendships after highschool, but with the exception of a few from University... I know that the girls who will always be closest to my heart are the ones I met many years ago. It always brings laughter and smiles to my face when I can spend an evening catching up with them (even though we are miles apart).

I know that when I set out to write this post there were so many more things that I wanted to share... but unfortunately they have escaped my mind for the time being. I encourage everyone to take small moments throughout your days and notice the little pleasures in life.

1 comment:

VanessaMarie said...

so true! Love the post... and the chat the other night- we need another phone date soon! Dont get too stressed out with all the studying : S
love you xox