Sunday, March 29, 2009

wedding prep. and beautiful moments

How can the beauty of an amazing individual be completely captured? Today, my mom and I went to the dress store to find her the perfect dress for my wedding day. After trying on a bunch (which all looked stunning), and deciding between many different colours, we found the perfect one! I am so excited; my mom looked so happy and very pretty! I sure am going to be surrounded by a bunch of beautiful woman on mine & Paul's special day.
This weekend, we got so much done for the wedding. Besides, getting my mom's dress ordered, we found some adorable flower girl dresses, I had a little visit with my own absolutely beautiful dress, mom and I chose some flowers for the bouquets which I love, we found a gourgeouse headpiece that will look wonderful with my dress, and Paul and I met with our sweet DJ. Wedding planning is so much fun, and it feels so good to cross things off the never ending list.
Some other beautiful moments this weekend were times spent surrounded by friends. On Saturday afternoon, Carissa, Shaun, Russ, Jessie, Paul and I went for a lovely walk along the waterfront in Barrie. We played on the swings, threw some rocks into the water (did you know rocks can float?! haha), listened to a sweet old man play guitar, froze, and then went to Timmies. Later in the evening, we all made a delicious meal together and ate by candlelight in support of Earth hour. I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful friends, it is amazing how one day can be filled with so much laughter.

No comments: