Monday, October 19, 2009

Feeling a little lost

Married a little less than 2 months...and I’m not really sure who I am anymore. I’m a wife, a daughter, a sister, a student and a friend, but my identity is not entirely those things.
I’ve always felt like I need something to look forward to in life... becoming a bride was THE most important and special thing, the thing I looked forward to with all my heart, and now, I’m not a bride anymore, but restricted to the aforementioned roles.


I am happy, but I feel confused. I feel like I need something more, like I am not 100% content without something to strive towards. I work hard in school, but I’m not sure what it’s for anymore. What is my purpose? What will make me happy for the rest of my life? A lot of big decisions need to be made in the next couple of years and it makes me feel uneasy to not know where we’re headed.
More than anything I want to travel and explore new places and cultures with the love of my life. I want to make a difference in this world, but right now I’m at a complete loss for how to do that.
My task for right now is to live each day as it comes, to realize the little things of each day that bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart. This is what made me happy today:
- waking up next to my incredible husband
- feeling good after a great workout at the gym
- the sunshine
- country music
- making chocolate macaroons
- talking to my Mom & to Vanessa on the phone
- getting things accomplished

1 comment:

Megan Harmer said...

I think that sometimes we rely on the goals we set for ourselves to define us... you are a daughter, a wife, a sister, a role model, a friend, a student. All of these roles that you take on in your life express (or bring out) some of your characteristics or qualities.
I think we all feel lost at times. We need our support systems to be there for us, to remind us about the most important things through all of the daily, little things.
And like you said, "My task for right now is to live each day as it comes, to realize the little things of each day that bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart."
That is so important!
We are never finding ourselves, yet, constantly creating and discovering ourselves.
Katrina, the people who love you and know you have nothing but faith in the ability you have to do beautiful things with your life!
I feel a bit lost too sometimes, with school, with my purpose, with what I am meant to do for others, but we just need to keep our eyes looking ahead and our heart and brain in check! lol!
our support systems help us remember what is most important (:
-Megan