
Christ as light
Illumine and guide me.
Christ as shield
O'ershadow me.
Christ under me
Illumine and guide me.
Christ as shield
O'ershadow me.
Christ under me
Christ over me
Christ beside me
On my left and my right.
On my left and my right.
This day, be within and
Without me,
Lowly and meek,
Yet all powerful.
Be in the heart
Of each to whom I speak,
In the mouth of each
Who speaks unto me.
This day, be within and
Without me,
Lowly and meek,
Yet all powerful.
Christ as a light
Christ as a shield
Christ beside me
On my left and my right.
Be in the heart
Of each to whom I speak,
In the mouth of each
Who speaks unto me.
This day, be within and
Without me,
Lowly and meek,
Yet all powerful.
Christ as a light
Christ as a shield
Christ beside me
On my left and my right.
This is a well-known Celtic-Christian prayer which I discovered in my religion textbook. I find it to be so inspirational and to provide such a wonderful depiction of Jesus. The perfect prayer to begin each morning with!

No comments:
Post a Comment