Sunday, September 20, 2009

August Twenty-Eighth, Two-Thousand-and-Nine <3

Never in my life have I felt so loved, cherished, beautiful, happy, nervous and excited as I did on August 28th. Our wedding day was everything that I ever dreamed it would be and more! After an 8 month engagement, all the planning and hard work, advice and ideas of so many people came together and helped make our day absolutely wonderful.
The week before was a crazy culmination of so many last-minute details, but it was also tons of fun!
All the hard work paid off the moment I took my first step down the aisle towards my future husband; I could not wait to see the look on his face! With my mom beside me, my stomach doing sumersaults and my heart about to leap out of my chest, all I could see was Paul - standing there so handsome, waiting for his bride. The ceremony was perfect, down to every last little detail, it expressed our love towards one another and our love towards the heavenly Father. A funny side note, is when some swans came up out of the pond and almost attacked Carissa when she was singing. It was great to have a chance to chat with everyone afterwards at the luncheon in the gardens. After posing for hundreds of pictures and driving in an extra long honking parade through downtown Orillia we made our way to Hawk Ridge for a fantastic reception!
It started off like a true party should... with grand dancing entrances! The food was good, speeches - incredible and dancing - tons of fun! The love that surrounded us that evening was indescribable. I feel so lucky to not only have married the man of my dreams, but to have had the chance to be surrounded, in one room, with most of the people that have had grand influences in our lives.
If our wedding day was any indication of how wonderful our life is going to be together...we are in for a breath-taking journey!

No comments: