Friday, November 6, 2009

Why this Remembrance Day is Important to Me


On November 11, Canada will celebrate Remembrance Day to honour of all those who have served for our country in war and peacekeeping missions. We will remember the men and women who risked their lives to fight for what they believed in and we will remember all those who lost their lives in the process.

This Remembrance Day has caught my attention more than ever before. In exactly two months, on January 11, I will stand at the base of Canada's largest and most important war memorial - Vimy Ridge, in France. Overlooking the battlefields of WW1, and gazing up towards a gigantic monument to honour thousands of Canadians I can not possibly imagine the emotions that I will encounter.

I found out last week that I have been hired to work as a student interpretative guide for Veterans Affairs Canada in France next semester. It is an absolutely incredible opportunity and Paul and I are very excited! It amazes me the way that God continues to work in our lives...as one door closed (the chance to study in Spain), another one opened, and now we have an even better opportunity!

No comments: