When we were in Paris last month, we were introduced to the "Pont des Arts" (Arts Bridge), which is a wooden bridge that links the "Insitut de France" to the "Louvre Museum". Its' main, yet subtle feature is the hundreds of locks which line the railings over the Seine River. This is the essence of an enchanting tradition, in which lovers write their names on a lock, lock it onto the bridge and toss the keys into the river symbolizing eternal love.

I knew at once that this was something we had to return to do! Thus, towards the very end of this incredible experience that Paul and I have shared, we revisited Paris on a beautiful sunny day and placed our lock on a charming bridge to symbolize our eternal love. It's crazy to think that for half of the time we've been married, we've been living in this country. It's taught us a lot, and the circumstances have made us stronger. I'm more in love with my husband than I've ever been, and although I know we will face trials in the future, I'm certain that the keys laying at the bottom of the Seine are a strong symbol of our eternal love. 
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thats cute
aww this is so romantic! It would be amazing for you to return there in a few years and find it again. or even have your children make a similar travel and find it! so cool
Post a Comment