Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wisdom

"For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her" - Proverbs 8:11

My morning devotions have recently led me to the complex book of proverbs with considerable thought about the topic of WISDOM. At first consideration, it may be difficult to decipher between the words wisdom and knowledge - both which are important qualities in an individual. I believe that wisdom results from life experiences, whereas knowledge comes from education. "For those who find me find life and receive favour from the Lord" (Proverbs 8:35) God calls us to strive towards attaining wisdom, because then the way that we live will please him. Becoming wiser will also be beneficial for an indiviudal, as it will enhance quality of life. "For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life." (9:13) All in all, I've learned that not only do I want to strive to educate myself as much as possible, I want to be wise. All of the people I've looked up to have possessed this wonderful quality and impacted my life by sharing it with me. I hope that one day, the culmination of things I've experienced will give me something to share with others.

No comments: