Friday, August 27, 2010

Our first year of marriage

On this day last year, I was surrounded by the most amazing women in my life preparing for the moment that I had looked forward to forever - my wedding day. August 28, 2009 was the day I commited to sharing my life with the man of my dreams. Our wedding was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by so much love and beauty. Now, a year later, I am more in love than I have ever been and so grateful for our journey together thus far.

Our first year was filled with lots of adventure...
- We started off by taking a road trip down to Virginia and visited Washington D.C.
- then, we flew off to Costa Rica for a week of activities in paradise
- we flew back and moved into our first apartment in Waterloo the day before I started classes for my 3rd year
- throughout the fall we learned how to live together, and how to be a married couple with Paul working crazy hours and me as a full time student
- come December, we celebrated the holidays with family and friends before flying off to Europe on the 30th
- we rang in the New Year in Grenoble, France and went skiing in the Alps
- then, we visited the Eternal City of Rome, Italy; walked through the cobblestone streets, enjoyed gelato, pizza, and pasta, saw all the sights - and even the pope!
- Arras, France was our next destination, where we lived for 4 months as I had the opportunity to work at Vimy Ridge
- over those four months, we spent time in Paris, Switzerland, Germany, and Barcelona, we learned how to live with the bare necessities and navigate Europe side by side
- the month of May brought us back home to Canada to welcome a new nephew into the world and celebrate with best friends in their marriage
- over the summer months, Paul moved up in his career and started a new job, and I went back to school
- we've had the chance to spend time with family and go camping with friends
- and that brings us to right now... the eve of our first year anniversary. Tomorrow we're off to Ottawa for a few days to relax in and visit Canada's capital.

What a year we have had! I am so thankful for all the memories, and even the challenges that have come our way. Happy Anniversary Babe; thank you for the best year of my life! I love you.

No comments: