Monday, January 17, 2011

at the start of a new decade

Well it's definitely been awhile since my last post. I can't even believe how quickly life is passing by. This time last year, we had just moved into our tiny apartment in Arras, France. Now, I'm sitting in my cozy office listening to some new spanish music and taking a break from all my linguistics readings. Fall semester of 2010 was really wonderful. I loved being back to full time studies with all of my friends at Laurier and catching up after our time spent around the world. I was certainly kept very busy taking on new challenges while undertaking the most difficult semester so far! 4th year is crazy intense! Not only is there a ton of material to get through but "real life" is so close on the horizon that it's harder than ever to focus on the present. Paul and I enjoyed a really wonderful holiday season with family and friends. It was a bit different for us this year because he had to work but we are ever-grateful for those who decided to come spend Christmas and New Years here with us instead. It was special to have the entire Annunziello family here on Christmas Eve and my mom and sister for Christmas morning.

And now, we're back to the hectic daily routine. It is so hard to fathom that I will have completed my undergraduate degree in only 3 months and we will be moving on to the next step in our journey. It's terrifying and exciting all wrapped up into one big ball. I've sent some job applications out and now I have to give this last semester my everything (and attempt to enjoy it)...

No comments: